Happy 2009!

Moderator: perk_daddy

perk_daddy
SF Creator
SF Creator

Happy 2009!

Postby perk_daddy » Jan 01 2009, 6:19 pm

Happy new year, Cootieheads! 2009 is here and I am ready to amp up the comic this year. On-time updates, advertising to bring in more readers, and I'm going to try my hand at some merchandise.

Resolutions:
-Update on time, every time
-Finish "Infestation" and unveil the new format for the strip when the story ends
-have a 2010 Cooties calendar to sell by the end of this year (unless the Great Depression II hits first :wink: )

What are your new year's resolutions?

Tiana
If I die, I die.
If I die, I die.

Re: Happy 2009!

Postby Tiana » Jan 01 2009, 10:43 pm

To not self distruct.

HAPPY NEW YEAR! 8)

perk_daddy
SF Creator
SF Creator

Postby perk_daddy » Jan 02 2009, 12:24 am

Now that is a good one. Please keep it when you're around me!

Tiana
If I die, I die.
If I die, I die.

Postby Tiana » Jan 02 2009, 12:50 am

Nah, in all seriousness, my resolution was a couple things.

1) To be more optimistic.
2) To eat more healthy food.

Screw losing weight and exercise and all that stuff, I tried last year, I'm not sure, I haven't stepped on a scale for a year. I don't care to. I know I'm overweight and obese by some people's standards because I'm short and don't wear extra small clothes. Oops, I wear a medium and large and even extra large because I don't like tight clothing and have boobs and can't fit half the shirts even if my stomach fits in... ahem. That said, I don't actually care. I made an attempt to diet last year and it sucked. I've determined that this year, simply not eating chips when I'm snacky is a better way to go. I'm eating an apple right now instead of those nachos upstairs. Mmmm, nachos...

This should help me not self-distruct.

Everyone else probably figures I should resolve to lose weight, but frankly, I'm perfectly happy being overweight and not skinny. I'd just rather be a bit healthier to avoid self-distructing. This just means apples instead of chocolate while drawing. Or maybe less chocolate. We'll go with the less.

Comic-wise, I've been updating regularly and "on time" for me means it's up before I go to bed, which could be between midnight to eight in the morning. I just need to resolve not to self distruct, and for me, currently, that means eating more healthy food, and being optimistic again because the cynical pessimistic everyone hates me and the world sucks is seriously not a good worldview. :lol:

As for the calendar for you, I'd suggest having it up and ready to sell by September.

...Oh, speaking of calendars, darn. Mine's at the end. Now I need a new one. Ummm... but I don't want one with photos, I love my current calendar... it's so artsy... man. (needs to find a new calendar like the one I had last year... it had these inked old fashioned style illustrations in it, and it was one of the free gas station brand ones!)

perk_daddy
SF Creator
SF Creator

Postby perk_daddy » Jan 03 2009, 1:18 am

Thanks for the advice on the calendars. I think I'm really gonna do it!

Also, I can totally relate to your weight loss issues. But my day job (a health insurance company) gives $incentives$ for healthy behavior, with specific goals that I'm going to be working on this year with gusto. By the end of the year I'll be Batman. :wink:

wengazi
Spider Guest

Postby wengazi » May 30 2012, 12:49 am

I think we have some "sleeper cells" of SPAMMERS still on our boards! LOL!

Return to “Cooties”