View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Nov 23 2014, 4:29 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Quinlan - and it's too d___ quiet around here. 
Wolf Spider

Post Quinlan - and it's too d___ quiet around here.
Seeing Quinlan as she is (without skin) puts her combat with Shoreham in a bit of a different perspective. He must have been extraordinarily strong! She would have considerable mechanical strength outside of her skeleton. Where mechanics meets bone would be a weak point, but she would know how to compensate for that. Of course, we don't know how much of her is still there under the sub-skin.

Unresolved mysteries that may never be resolved:

Who and why - the assassination of Travis (House Meara).
Who and why - the attempted assassination of Jessica Tindal.
Who was the lady in the cage, and why was she there?

Ken

Nov 29 2008, 11:05 pm
SF Creator

Post Re: Quinlan - and it's too d___ quiet around here.
I promise you that in the next chapter the culprits of the attempted assasination will be revealed.

And yes, Quinlan is pretty damn tough. I based her internals off of Cyberpunk RPG skinweave (which was a kevlar variant nanowoven into the skin) It's tough, heck it could take a direct hit from a 9mm...but at point blank range you could still be in a hurt (which is why Quin got her ribs all messed up when a guard emptied a clip into her at close range during the Shoreham assasination)

I can't wait to get this huge combat over with. I know this whole situation has been coming for a while, and needed to be resolved. But I've always been more comfortable with more interpersonal story telling between characters than blowing shit up.

After this deal gets done, there will be an epilogue section that ties up loose ends and a few things, and then Book 2 of Requiem is over. Everything is already mapped out and such, and we'll be picking up with Clarence Gage and EDGAR and Co. again (I've been missing them intensely). We'll also be debuting EDGARS new look too.

Dec 02 2008, 12:02 am
Profile WWW
Wolf Spider

The skin is really good. It had to take you quite a while to get that right.

The Dweller, now ... first he talks about the need to eliminate Prometreya and his companion. Then he warns the companion (I assume that's Denise). Now he's making sure his prediction comes true. This guy's almost normal. I suspect he can't tell if he's bored or if he really cares.

I admit I'm looking forward to seeing how Bellisarius is handled. I have this vague idea that Marcus Vale is going to come out of nowhere and put an exclamation point on that whole business. Where major decisions are concerned, he seems to be just about the only truly decisive character in the story - just like in the "real" world.

And then there's the two plagues ...

You're a very good juggler.

Ken

Dec 02 2008, 4:52 pm
Hatchling

I agree with the titular after-thought.

I just can't help but feel this would make an excellent animated series, and yet, so little attention! It's really odd how slow this forum feels considering the quality of work o.O;

May 05 2009, 1:16 am
SF Creator

blitz wrote:
I agree with the titular after-thought.

I just can't help but feel this would make an excellent animated series, and yet, so little attention! It's really odd how slow this forum feels considering the quality of work o.O;

It's just that most people tend to directly comment on the comic itself. Plus, since I got threaded comments setup at the comic site, it just ended up making this forum more than a bit irrelevant.

May 05 2009, 10:29 am
Profile WWW
Hatchling

haha! guess that would explain it. =)

May 07 2009, 10:29 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 6 posts ]