View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Nov 25 2014, 8:18 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Camo Gear 
Orbweaver

Post Camo Gear
I'm trying to work out if those two soldiers are wearing urban camo or some kind of chameleon suit.

It might just be the lighting but they seem to shift according to the background they are up against. That and the way it covers everything leads me to think that the Seperatists are that little better equipped that we were expecting...

CT

Oct 06 2008, 2:43 am
Wolf Spider

Post Re: Camo Gear
Remember "Ghost in the Shell"? Besides, camo is usually defined as having fixed colors and patterns to blend with the prevailing environment. I think we have to assume chameleon suits - likely supplied by Bellisarius. I have assumed that they've been equipped to fight a small army given the hints from Bellisarius, an "immortal" is involved in planning this, and the amount of money involved. In addition, the larger the city the easier it is to bring people in without them being particularly noticed. I'd say we have a royal mess on our hands and the good guys are a day late and short handed to boot. It will be interesting to see if I've gotten it right.

Anyone else?

Ken

Oct 06 2008, 7:23 pm
SF Creator

That camo gear was some of the hardest stuff I ever had to put together.

It's actually a normal camo pattern, with a semi transparent white layer over the top...and for some reason it just works out that it blends in with whatever neutral background you are using.

In the end it makes me a very happy panda :)

Oct 07 2008, 11:02 pm
Profile WWW
Wolf Spider

What did you use to make the pattern? It certainly looks real. By the way, I really liked the girl.

Ken

Oct 08 2008, 10:19 am
SF Creator

The pattern was a default Poser material that I tweaked around into something that Carrara would actually be able to read. I then fitted it over to a template based off of the clothing the people were wearing...and dropped a big white jpeg over the top of it at about 50% transparency. It was a real happy accident.n :)

As for the girl...are you referring to the bit of side art I put up?

Oct 08 2008, 11:57 am
Profile WWW
Wolf Spider

I was referring to the recently deceased policewoman. She was one of your better designs and you'd given her a good personality - much like a couple of people I know. Ah well.

Ken

Oct 08 2008, 7:07 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 6 posts ]