View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Nov 23 2014, 10:44 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 The Club 
Wolf Spider

Post The Club
1. Is the club still operating while they're opening the vault?
2. If yes, who is handling it and how are they getting away with it?
3. If no, why hasn't anyone important noticed?

Ken

Jan 21 2008, 11:35 pm
Orbweaver

They took over the place to use it as bait for Kira Dawn, so it would make sense for the place to seem normal on the surface.

As to how... Now that one is a good question. They seem to be in complete control of the place (They slipped an industrial cutting laser in) so the staff would have to know something is up.
Since they took out the boss maybe they used his access codes to send a message from him saying that he would be absent for a bit and because of the issues in the territory he'd brought extra security in.
It's a stretch I'll grant you, but if it has only been a few days people might not made all the connections yet.

CT

Jan 22 2008, 12:47 pm
Wolf Spider

You're probably right about the short-term aspect of the operation. Given that almost everyone is in disguise, it will be easier to run things for a couple of days without too much comment. In this world, important people are understandably a bit cautious and their clients are all able to afford a large, expensive club. Questions will be asked soon.

The money in the vault probably comes from the recently deceased "god" who, quite frankly, didn't need the money. He did, however, need a quiet place to meet people. Sound good? Hope I'm right ;).

Ken

Jan 23 2008, 12:05 am
Orbweaver

Was it the Territories that he took over briefly? Damn, now I'm going to have to go check.

CT

Jan 23 2008, 1:55 am
Wolf Spider

Argh! My memory! It was the territories (I'm sure). Of course, if his friends are of the normal greedy, venal, corrupt type then the money wouldn't be there. His friends also have to know he's gone to god heaven. Would they have left all this loot alone? And who needs a meeting place in a bank vault - wouldn't a random hotel room be easier? I know I'm not seeing something obvious - I just wonder what?

Ken

Jan 23 2008, 11:10 am
Orbweaver

I was thinking of his other survivor friends.
There was at least one of them that knew what he was doing (and that he was completly nuts as well).

Just how many survivors are there I wonder. From the sounds of it there are at least 3 different groups plus the ones who did successfully upload before hand.

CT

Jan 24 2008, 8:37 am
Wolf Spider

The other survivor friends would make sense - the older they get, the more paranoid they would become.

I went into the archive to check on the rescue from the hospital, but the archive kept sending me to the current page. Argh!

Ken

Jan 24 2008, 7:50 pm
SF Creator

Jauna Mekhet in the hospital, (Clarence, Ena, and the appearance of Aya)
http://requiem.spiderforest.com/index.php?comic_id=700

and Calliel breaking Jauna Mekhet out of Caladharas Keep
http://requiem.spiderforest.com/?comic_id=840

Jan 24 2008, 9:31 pm
Profile WWW
Wolf Spider

Thank you for the info. This incident implies at least five groups of survivors (immortals). Calliel and her friends (allies), Iovantucarus and his friends, Aya and her friends, Ariana and her friends, and at least a couple of others. In addition, there are those associated with one or more Houses. The survivors, so far, all seem willing to work with normal people but have shown an unwillingness to work with each other. There seem to be a lot of small groups who may or may not be working at cross purposes.

The purpose of that vault is definetly interesting. At this point it seems like over-kill.

Ken

Jan 25 2008, 1:58 pm
Wolf Spider

More clones!? Well, well, well. Didn't expect that! They couldn't all have been for Shoreham - I wonder if they are for the disembodied?

Ken

Jan 28 2008, 11:13 am
Orbweaver

I'm wondering how long the Club has been operating.

I mean there is a small fortune in old coins, notes and general bullion in the vault and then there are the cryo chambers.
Building those almost bankrupted a couple of houses I recall, so they have to be pretty expensive. Unless they have some way of making their own they must have been buying them slowly for decades to build up numbers without it appearing on the various manufacturers order sheets as an anomaly.

Defintly more layers the deeper we dig.

CT

Jan 28 2008, 1:24 pm
Wolf Spider

Let's see now - we know of a cryo chamber farm at Shoreham's and now we find another cryo chamber farm. Apparently they can be used by some of the "immortals" as either robotic agents or as substitute bodies. But, why do they need so many? Not enough for an army, too many for an occasional mission.

Nice puzzle.

Ken

Jan 28 2008, 10:17 pm
SF Creator

Post Some thoughts....
This section has been a long time in coming...

Heck, the only reason the Starfall stuff broke in the way it did in the middle of all of this was 'cause I needed to rough draft this section through a couple of times...especially with what is coming up next.

Some of it is going to be a little bit wordy (especially when we get to talking about the economics of big government projects) , a number of single panel shots coming up, more than a little bit of close quarter fighting as well. And we have the queen bitch to deal with afterall.

This discovery changes a lot of things for a number of people, and a lot of things are going to be handled a bit differently now too as a result of this place being found. Economics are also going to be closely entertwined with one of the upcoming sections (The Wells Hotel situation, which is already scripted, and if you thought the deal at Shorehams estate was a clusterfuck for our heroes, you ain't seen nothin' yet)

(musically things have changed a bit....this whole next section has been The Rolling Stones "Can't You Hear Me Knockin'" from Sticky Fingers on repeat)

Jan 28 2008, 11:58 pm
Profile WWW
Wolf Spider

Oh Goody! I can hardly wait - the economics of all this are going to be fascinating (yeah, I'm a geek).

Thanks,

Ken

Jan 29 2008, 11:48 am
Orbweaver

You're an Accountant Geek, double the bang for your money.

Admitedly I am just as bad... Though trying to explain this comic to the other accountants where I work can be hillarious!

I've decided to just get an additional copy of the book and lend it to them, it will be so much simpler.

CT

Jan 29 2008, 2:57 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next