View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Apr 23 2014, 3:34 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 The Directors 
Wolf Spider

Post The Directors
I just spent two days or so reading Requiem from the beginning. About mid-way through there were a couple of references the "The Directors". They were references by the ageless ones - who are these people and why are they important?

Ken

Dec 18 2007, 4:14 pm
Orbweaver

Something in my mind tells me that they were the ones who either came up with or organised the mass uploading of all the old people. The ones the survivors avoided.

They are still out there trying to find a way to complete the process by finding new bodies for the uploaded. Which is why the Dusk Angel's back up plan was to wipe out 90% of humanity so there wouldn't be enough bodies for them to use.

Or I could have just utterly corrupted the plot in my mind... Either is possible.

CT

Dec 19 2007, 3:22 am
Wolf Spider

I'm suspecting that they have something to do with the ageless ones ... just can't figure out what. I think the ones who did the uploading are still around - but Bellisarious would be in opposition to them. His only real ally is Calliel.

Speaking of Bellisarious, at least three or four people have figured out that he's in Amon/Lanc. Has anyone bothered to plant explosives in the only connection Amon/Lanc has with the outside world - the rail system? Personally, I'd find a way to flood the system. If they have, it's not in the story yet. Sure hope so. It'd be a great way to deal with his army once and for all.

Ken

Dec 19 2007, 9:42 pm
SF Creator

Post A bit of a spoiler....
The Directors are on their way...Jonathan Delrain gets to find out about them.

And as for cutting off the army...Marcus Vale hasn't been heard from in a great while ;)

Dec 19 2007, 11:41 pm
Profile WWW
Wolf Spider

Fabulous! There have been hints that he is most military minded of all the characters in the story. Anyone who'd use a Mass Driver ... etc.

Ken

Dec 20 2007, 11:16 am
SF Creator

Fabulous! There have been hints that he is most military minded of all the characters in the story. Anyone who'd use a Mass Driver ... etc.

Ken

Exactly...as stupid as it may sound, one of the things that was holdng up the return of Marcus Vale for so long was his hair.

I used one of the default early Poser objects for his hair...and while I may be able to get way with that in the programs this comic started off in, now that I'm using Carrara, it just doesn't work at all. Frankly, it made me cringe just looking at it. The head of House Mebhe was the same way until I finally figured out how to make her look decent.

I can finally stand to look at him now. :)

Dec 20 2007, 12:16 pm
Profile WWW
Wolf Spider

I like the new picture. Overall, I truly like the results you're getting with Carrera. It also seems to be giving you a bit more flexibility with your pictures.

Ken

Oh heck yes...

The great thing about Carrara is that you can setup lights to work just the way they would work in the real world. If you have a ceiling lamp or something like that in a scene, you can drop a light on it, and have it illuminate perfectly every single time.

The other thing that rocks is that you can use some of the older figures that sren't resource intensive (that may not look as good, like the base Poser 5 figures) and for some reason Carrara makes them look great.

Targeter, Siobhain, Ian's Dad, Andry, and Clarence Gage are all old figures (because at the time, they were what I could afford) and didn't look the best. With Carrara though, they suddenly have a second lease on life.

The only bad thing is that Carrara isn't 64bit capable. Hopefully that will be changing in the future.

Dec 20 2007, 2:46 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 7 posts ]